Using Hemp to Quit Smoking Cold Turkey
Quit Smoking Cold Turkey
Quitting Is a MindsetTo quit smoking cold turkey, you need to be as upfront as you can with yourself—that is, the many rationalizations and considerations that may hinder your goal (just one more cigarette or I'll start tomorrow). One easy way to help you fight those thoughts is to start jotting down the most important reasons why you're quitting. Write them down in the Notes app on your phone so that you can quickly access them when these thoughts kick in.
How to Quit Nicotine - Getting Through Nicotine WithdrawalQuitting cold turkey is challenging because nicotine withdrawal symptoms may be more stringent when you stop supplying your body with it abruptly. Nicotine is exceptionally addictive. Like other drugs, you will experience some undesired side effects as your body struggles to subdue the craving for nicotine and rid itself of the toxic chemicals. Some unwanted side effects include:
- Sore throat
- Inability to concentrate
- Feeling hungrier than usual
- Dry mouth
Temptation Is the EnemyTo avoid temptation altogether, throw away all smoking accessories (lighters, ashtrays, matches, etc.) from your home and your office. Next, consider distancing yourself from smoking friends (physically, not socially) or whatever situation might be a trigger for you.
Be Open to SupportNicotine withdrawal may induce some psychological urges. These can be handled if you plan for them and learn what triggers them. Seeking support from family and friends is a healthy way to go about it. This doesn't have to be a solo journey. Let them help support and motivate you when you fail to do it for yourself. If you're attempting quitting cold turkey on your own, an online support forum can be a great way to help you see it through. Furthermore, in-person support groups can also help, as you get to meet people in your area who may be going through the same thing.
Create New HabitsBreaking away from unhealthy habits is one thing. Filling that space by creating new ones is another. Take a pragmatic look at your smoking habits and patterns, and then come up with some healthy distractions and pastimes to help you stay the course, such as:
- Start waking up early and go for daily walks.
- Try other kinds of coffee (cold brews, frappes).
- Try natural Hemp products (Hemp oils, Hemp gummies, candies, Hemp smokables).
- Try Hemp-infused drinks and meals to save on time and try something new.
- Start cooking healthy.
- Keep your hands and mind busy.
Pros and Cons of Quitting Cold TurkeyQuitting cold turkey, like other methods, has its advantages and downsides.
Pros of Quitting Cold Turkey
- Quitting cold turkey may increase the chances of your abstinence from nicotine lasting.
- Withdrawal manifestations usually peak within the first seven days, getting you over the most challenging hill faster than gradually cutting back on nicotine.
Cons of Quitting Cold Turkey
- Your withdrawal symptoms may be more severe than with progressive cutbacks. However, these are short-lived.
- It's challenging and requires unyielding determination and self-control, especially if you're a long-time smoker.