The Ultimate Guide to CBD FlowerOctober 28, 2019
What is CBD Flower?
The term CBD flower refers to cannabis bud that is rich in CBD and low in THC. CBD flower is usually obtained from hemp which is known for its high CBD content and minimal THC (less than 0.3%). Since CBD hemp flower contains almost no THC, it cannot be used for recreational purposes. Instead, CBD flower from hemp is used purely for medicinal purposes.
Is CBD Flower Legal?
In addition to its therapeutic uses, hemp has numerous industrial uses such as paper, textiles, and even fuel. Because of these many uses, Congress legalized hemp at the federal level in 2018. The legalization of hemp in the United States means CBD flower is entirely legal nationwide, as long as it is derived from hemp.
Can You Smoke CBD?
Yes, you can! In fact, smoking CBD flower is becoming increasingly popular among new and experienced CBD users due to its familiar consumption method and various benefits associated with it. Besides the medical use of CBD, it is used as a natural support to our overall health, body, and skin
Benefits of CBD Cigarettes
Hemp cigarettes made with CBD-rich flowers are packed with benefits that can promote overall wellness. As years of scientific research show, CBD can help balance our systems by supporting a healthy endocannabinoid system. Through its interaction with receptors in our endocannabinoid system, CBD may improve ECS functions related to:
- Anxiety: CBD is known to promote feelings of relaxation and calmness. If taken during or before stressful and challenging situations, CBD can help ease the mind and minimize any feelings of anxiety momentarily.
- Sleep Problems: By calming the mind and relieving feelings of anxiousness, CBD can help users fall asleep faster at night. Over time, a nightly CBD regimen can improve your sleep cycles so that you achieve a deeper rest every night.
- Joint and Muscle Pain: One of the main reasons CBD became so popular in the first place was because of its ability to interact with pain receptors in the endocannabinoid system. Smoking CBD flower may reduce feelings of discomfort associated with muscle and joint pain.
- Lack of Focus: Thousands of users have begun to turn to CBD to help them improve concentration and productivity levels at work or school. CBD may improve focus thanks to its ability to relax away feelings related to anxiety and stress.
- Other Conditions: Since CBD is a relatively new industry, research is still being conducted to determine all of its benefits. However, most studies so far suggest CBD may be able to help with symptoms related to conditions like fibromyalgia, diabetes, epilepsy, and neurodegenerative diseases
Using CBD Flower to Replace Tobacco
Perhaps the most common reason people are choosing CBD joints over other forms of CBD is that smoking CBD flower may help users quit tobacco and marijuana.
CBD hemp flower has a similar look, aroma, and taste like marijuana, giving marijuana smokers a similar sensory experience without the “high.” Many users report the best way to replace marijuana with CBD flower is to incorporate CBD joints into your routine while slowly phasing out marijuana.
Most importantly, CBD may help users quit tobacco cigarettes which are responsible for almost half a million deaths every year in the U.S. alone. Cigarettes are filled with dangerous chemicals known to cause cancer and increase the risk of developing heart and lung disease. Tobacco also contains nicotine, the habit-forming ingredient responsible for cigarettes’ addictive properties. In contrast, CBD has no harmful ingredients or addictive chemicals.
In fact, research suggests, CBD can reduce the amount of “reward” we experience when smoking tobacco or marijuana making them an excellent option to help you begin the quitting process.
What Does Smoking CBD Feel Like?
Because most CBD flower products contain trace amounts or no THC, smoking CBD flower will not get you high. Smoking CBD is known for producing calming and relaxing effects on the body and mind without any of the signs related to marijuana. That means no red eyes, slow reaction times, or impaired movements.
On average, if you are smoking CBD flower, its effects will kick in after 10-15 minutes. Once in your system, the effects may be felt for about 4-6 hours. Since CBD is not psychoactive, you may continue with your daily routine normally during those hours.
Will Smoking CBD Make You Fail a Drug Test?
As is the case with other medications, small traces of CBD may stay in your system days after smoking. But, does this mean CBD can show up on a drug test?
While CBD may be found in your bloodstream days after initial consumption, it will not make you fail any drug tests. Nowadays, cannabis drug tests only check for moderate to high amounts of THC, not CBD. Even professional athletes are using CBD for muscle recovery without having to worry about drug tests or doping control agencies.